Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Episode 13 - Anguish! Defeat! Death! and Victory!



On the Needles
-Peacock sock
-Sarah's Christmas present
-Pretty Thing cowl on Rav or on Yarn Harlot's blog
-Wee Ones stitch markers!
-Mom's Christmas present
-Frogged!
-Needle death!
-Oh, the agony of not reading the pattern fully before starting!!

On My Wheel
-CMF superwash merino roving in Twist & Shout
-The second 1/3 of the the singles are spun!

FO of the Week!
-Dad's Christmas present
-Earl Grey by Yarn Harlot
-size 1 1/2 (2.5 mm) Knitpicks Harmony DPNs
-Patons Kroy Socks in Gentry Grey
-used 2 full balls and most of a third

And a bonus yarn store/buying falldown of Trekking, Austermann Step, Dream in Color Smooshy, and Sanguine Gryphon Skinny Bugga!

8 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing that cowl as it comes along! I just finished a Multnomah shawl and I LOVE it. Quick, fun knit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aah, the dreaded KPx Needle Separation Disorder! Good thing they fix easily w/ a drop of superglue. My current WIP (started about 20 hours ago, will finish within the hour) is "Meret" out of Beaverslide Drygood's organic merino worsted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing a Christmas prezzie already! Pretty Thing is in my que - after seeing it on needles, I might move it up!
    Thanks for a great podcast. I always look forward to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! ON getting the socks for Dad done! I'm kind of cheating this year, making thick comfy oh so cushy house socks in a short version of Thuja out of Malabrigo worsted for my Boy's mom, my best friend and her hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had several KP needles come apart and it isn't worth the trouble of calling them since the glue trick works.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dad's socks look great. Congrats on finishing them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm excited to see how your Pretty Thing Cowl works up. I am going to start one out of some handspun BFL after I get through my Christmas presents.....I'm being so dedicated. But it's killing me!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to see some letterboxing equipment and a short recording of you knitting (just for posterity)

    ReplyDelete